Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Made me do a double take

I drove past a church today with a sign out front that made me wonder, are the marquees in front of churches for the people that go to that church or for those who don't?
I wonder this because here's what it said: "Remember you are not someone special. You are a sinner saved by grace."

I think I get the point that they were trying to make, however, if you attend that church then wouldn't a sermon on Sunday be more appropriate? And if it's for those that don't attend church, I don't believe that statement is going to have people breaking down the doors to get in.

I understand that as Christians we should remember that we are not owed the forgiveness that Christ died for, it is a gift. But obviously we are someone special or else HE wouldn't have died for us at all.

Just thought that they were shooting themselves in the foot with this one.

No comments: